Saturday, January 1, 2011

Cheers to a New Year!

It was a year ago last night (yep, a little late with this post - are you surprised?) that I started this little blog called SugarChic.  I had no idea what I was doing.  I knew I liked to bake and decorate cookies, but I never ever, ever dreamed I'd be doing it on a weekly basis.  I can't find any other word to describe how I feel about it except blessed.  I started the blog to keep on me on track with the baking and it morphed into the other way around!!!  The baking is what keeps my blog running (slowly, but surely).  I think I like it better that way though.  It is supposed to be about the sugar, right?

So do I have goals and dreams for 2011?  Um, too many to list.  So I won't.  I will let them unfold throughout the next 365 days and then if you choose to follow, you will discover what they might be.

In honor of SugarChic celebrating its 1 year anniversary and celebrating the New Year, I will show a pic my first cookie order ever.  It was for my friend, Kate.  I think I texted her about 20 times during the process of making this cookie.  I was so nervous to SELL something I made.  I drove her insane.  
The order was for cute little bees for a baby shower.
Maybe it was a symbol for me being a busy bee in 2010?

At that time, I had no idea that a little baking biz would give me such satisfaction, purpose, STRESS, new friendships, excitement, confidence, etc.  It's been wonderful.

CHEERS to a wonderful 2010!
I can't wait to see what 2011 brings.  In the meantime, I will be announcing my first giveaway before this day is done!  I am also working on an order, taking down all my Christmas decorations, taking care of a bulldog who we think tore her ACL yesterday...
and getting my house in shape for the market in 3 weeks.  Soooo...I'm wearing lots of hats today.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment