Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Easter!

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter!  Mine was the busiest week I've had in a long time!  In the middle of making cakes and cookies, I hosted an Easter egg hunt for my kids' friends, had a little get together with my sister and her kids and hosted Easter dinner on Sunday.  It was such a fun weekend.  Here are few shots of the festivities!
Hunters ready to find those eggs...
Hunting!
My girl just enjoying the sunshine.
And we of course had cookies!
My boys dying eggs.

That evening, I had 5 dozen cookies to decorate.  Four of those were for orders.  One dozen was for my family and friends - I was determined to do some for my family this time!  Ben was dying to have a whole cookie, not just broken pieces!

I had my work cut out for me.
The beginning of my chick.
Hehe.
The chicks were my favorites.  Just so cute.
Sugared bunnies.
Cute little face.
Hippity Hopper!
Gotta have Easter eggs.
Coordinating flowers to accent the whole
bunch and bring a little spring into it!
SPRING!
My family cookies...they DID get done!!!!
I was only up until 2am.  Ha!  I learned a lesson this week.  Don't take on more than I think I can handle!  It was fun though.  It's always fun to see the little creations get finished ~ even when it's a late night!

I really should have taken a picture of the whole 5 dozen together.  It was quite massive.  Instead, I have small shots.
Bunnies
Chicks and eggs...
And THEN my husband came in and asked what I was doing.  After telling him (as if it was not clear), he went on to ahem, "chat" about how I'm either baking, taking pictures of what I've baked, or blogging about it.  So I stopped taking pictures.  I realized at that moment that he was ALMOST right.  This week was crazy.  It wasn't normal.  It was a little much for a mom of 2 and a wife of 1.  :)  I say "almost" because not all weeks have been like this.  Again, lesson learned.  :)
But at least I had those cookies to make them happy!
:)
Hope you had a happy Easter!
We did!


1 comment:

  1. very cute cookies! I always say I can do more than I actually can...it's a mommy sickness :)

    ReplyDelete