Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Have a Sunny Day!

So the weather is heading in the right direction!  I was excited to do a cookie bouquet for a  group of moms who wanted to give a "day brightener" gift to another mommy.  As soon as they mentioned a colorful flower bouquet, I knew I wanted to try out my sunflower cutter.

Isn't it cute?
I decided to go with the same colors I used back
I was also inspired by one of my favorite decorators
how wrote this book.  Thanks, Meaghan!
Okay...back to the sunflowers...
I was back and forth on whether or not to sugar
the middle.  I'm always afraid I overdo it on the
sugaring.  But I love the effect!!!
So in the end, I decided to do it.
I think when you see the end result, you will too!
Orange outline - not too exciting yet...
Getting better, but needs more...
Baby blue was just the right touch...thanks Meaghan!
And the sugar?
I just think it added a texture that made them extra special!
All put together in a sophisticated little container!
I'm all about being able to re-use
the containers in a practical way!
Like I said, a day brightener!
And the cellophane...I'm getting better!

Hope it brightened your day!






1 comment:

  1. Hi Dawn,
    This is Kay, aka Rollin' in Dough, and I found your blog via Cookiersrus and came by for a little visit. Love, love, love your sunflower bouquet. I particularly like the placement of the cookies in the container. They look FANTASTIC! They couldn't look any prettier all wrapped up with the coordinating bow. You did a fantastic job! Looking forward to getting to know you better and seeing more of your wonderful creations.

    ReplyDelete