Monday, February 8, 2010

More snow and more cookies...

Greetings from a very sunny, BUT STILL VERY COLD, Ohio!  Some of the white stuff is melting, but it will only freeze again once the sun sets.  On top of that, we have more snow coming in the next couple days.  Perfect baking weather!!!  For those of you who don't know, my husband is an elementary principal and while he still has to go in on snow days, we love expecting daddy home early on those frosty days.  So we're snow dancing here.  

I have hearts, hearts, and more hearts on tap this week.  I have an order for my first returning customer...Margaret!  She wants 2 dozen V-day cookies for her kids (4 kids, that is...super mom) on Friday. Then my son has to take in a "sweet treat" for his preschool class party on Thursday.  Of course, it will be cookies...with a twist!  I will bake the cookies, set him up with frosting and candy, and let him go at it.  It's hard for me to give up the decorating control, but he has been asking for this since SugarChic began over a month ago.  This is the perfect opportunity.  I can already see the pride in his eyes.  You can bet we'll have some pictures on here soon!  I will also be making some hearts for his wonderful teachers.  They deserve so much more, but a couple cookies may sit well with them over the long weekend.  I have another small order for hearts for my friend, Susan.  She is shipping to her nieces and nephew for the holiday.  I see 4-5 dozen hearts in the near future. Bring on that snow!

In the meantime, I have updated my prices at the top of the page.  I also included prices for cakes and cupcakes.  Just click under the corresponding tab and check it out.  I hope the prices are easier to calculate now.  It's all a work in progress.

Okay, on to dinner.  I have a whole new healthy eating menu for the week.  I'm very excited to be making flank steak and spinach rolls tonight with steamed new potatoes and a salad.  Sound good?  We'll see!  Wish me luck!  

Stay warm!


No comments:

Post a Comment